DR. SELINA SEKULIC
As a Fellowship trained, reconstructive rearfoot and forefoot surgeon, Dr. Selina Sekulic is able to offer an in-depth approach to various types of surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
About Dr. Selina Sekulic
Education and Training
Dr. Selina Sekulic has been a wonderful addition to the Salt Lake City and Moab communities. She offers surgical and non surgical treatment options for any ankle or foot problem. Dr. Sekulic is a Fellowship trained, reconstructive rearfoot and forefoot surgeon, with a focus on sports medicine.
Dr. Sekulic received her undergraduate degree at Wake Forest University in 2007, and graduated from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 2011. At Wake Forest University, Dr. Sekulic earned NCAA All-American honors in Cross Country, and was a Junior National Champion at the 3000m Steeplechase. With her success, she also sustained numerous foot and ankle injuries. These injuries sidelined her for the majority of her collegiate running career. Chronic pain and injuries sparked her interest in understanding and preventing foot and ankle injuries in athletes.
While completing her medical degree in New York City, Dr. Sekulic found time to volunteer at the ING New York City and Boston Marathons. She also spent time educating dancers at the Joffrey School of Ballet on injury prevention.
Dr. Sekulic’s surgical residency training took place at various hospitals and surgery centers around the Greater Salt Lake Region from 2011-2014. She spent most of her time at Intermountain Medical Center and the Salt Lake City Department of Veteran’s Affair’s Hospital. During this time, she underwent rigorous clinical and surgical training. She was exposed to a significant number of surgical cases involving the forefoot, midfoot, and rearfoot. Additionally, during her residency, she rotated amongst other medical specialties including: General and Vascular Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Inpatient Medicine, and Family Practice, while receiving outstanding performance reviews. She was promoted to Chief resident in 2013.
After completing her residency, Dr. Sekulic decided to undergo additional specialized training in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery. She completed her Fellowship training at the Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic from 2014-2015.
The Four Corners
Once Fellowship training was completed, Dr. Sekulic set out to the Four Corners to experience the world of private practice. She rotated through Farmington, New Mexico; Durango, Colorado; Moab, Utah; and Gallup, New Mexico, providing exceptional clinical and surgical treatment options for an array of lower extremity ailments.
Dr. Sekulic is an avid runner, mountain biker, yogi, and snowboarder. Below is a list of her athletic accomplishments.
- Wake Forest University Track and Cross Country Scholarship, 2005-2007
- US Junior National Track Champion 3000m Steeplechase, 2004
- NCAA All-American in Cross Country, 2004
- Participant in IAAF Junior World Track Meet, 2004
- Bear Mountain North Face Endurance Challenge Marathon Winner, 2011
- Durango Thirsty 13 Half Marathon Winner, 2016
- 3rd Place Xterra Half Marathon National Championships, 2016
- 2nd Place Bryce Canyon Half Marathon, 2016
- 3rd Place Kennebec Mountain Run, 2016
- 10th Place USATF Trail Marathon National Championships, 2016
- 1st Place Mt Nebo Half Marathon (1:13), 2017
- 2nd Place Big Cottonwood Half Marathon (1:14), 2017
- 1st Place Mt. Charleston Marathon (2:43), 2018
- 2nd Place American Fork Canyon Half Marathon (1:15), 2018
- 1st Place Run4Fun 7 mile Trail Race, 2018
- 1st Place Big Cottonwood Half Marathon (1:11), 2018
- 1st Place Snow Canyon Half Marathon (1:13), 2018
- Santa Barbara State Street Mile (4:37), 2019
For another outside perspective on Dr. Selina Sekulic’s persistence and drive in the medical field, click the link below to read “Talent and Drive is Never Lost: Selina Sekulic’s 13 year journey back to running and racing healthy”, an interview written and conducted by Cait Chock of RunBlogRun.